Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

So how many trips to Menards does it take to replace a faucet? The answer ....... FOUR. After a lot of swearing and a couple new tools, we now have a great faucet that goes on and off like butter and does not leak! and we did not even have to take the sink off!
To minimize the amount of swearing the boys would hear while Pat was working on the faucet.....I took them outside to the neighbors house for an afternoon filled with sledding.Here the boys are making a sledding train. And afterwards we started up a campfire and roasted marshmallows. They are just as tasty as they are in summer, and cool off much faster. The neighbor boy also learned that they burn just as well.Hey Peter, say "chubby bunnies". Thanks neighbors for inviting us over.!
We have been playing a lot of cards, Uno, GoFish and War, and then Peter asks...Do you know how to play Black Jack? should I be worried? Soon he will be playing Texas Hold'em and wearing sun glasses and hood so I cant tell when he is bluffing. He is getting much better at losing/winning. The key, he needs to be well rested and well fed. That seems to be the key to a lot of the boys issues. I guess this works for me also, not just the boys.
New Years Resolutions-(my thought is if they are published then I have to stick to them longer)
  • be more patient with all the boys in my life
  • read more
  • establish (and maintain) a routine cleaning schedule
!!!!!Happy 2010 to everyone!!!!!!

No comments: