Sunday, January 3, 2010

last weekend of fun before school starts again

When it gets to cold to go sledding we go to Dubuque IOWA, to the National Mississipps River Museum. The boys went there once before but were very excited to show me all the cool stuff. I had to chuckle at this exhibit...."River of Beauty". Take a close look at the picture top-left. If I was that home owner I would not think this was all that beautiful. The museum was supercool and had lots of critters that I love. Frogs, snakes, lizards, fish and birds! Pat and Jamison were taking a closer look at the lizards. There was a cool riverboat that we could have gone on if it wasnt so cold so instead we froze to get this picture. We will have to go here again in spring to look at more. I was surprised that Dubuque was a pretty cute town! who knew! So, when we are out of town for the weekend we usually turn the heat down pretty low, yes even lower than what we keep it at. I was wondering why we have not been able to warm up....and wouldnt you know it we didnt turn it back to our balmy 62 degrees. It at least gave the boys a chance to wear their fuzzy sweatshirts that Santa brought. My souxchef Jamison was helping me make french toast this morning (I shared with him my secret recipe...he is not allow to to tell anyone) and an egg exploded is his face. He cried "mom get the camera, I have egg on my face!" yup Jamison the "yoke" is on you.
Engineers hard at work. If you give Peter a building set of any kind he will build.!

School starts again tomorrow....I cant wait! I mean....the boys are excited to see their friends in school and I am sure looking forward to getting back to the normal routine!.

No comments: