Sunday, January 17, 2010

Wall paper free! (almost)

This week I tackled the dining room wall paper. (I still have a little wallpaper to take down, behind the shelves in the buffet but that will be a project of its own.) Wall paper down! The removal went pretty fast, but the painting was slow-going with all the trim. The color...Timeless Sage. It looks better than what this picuture shows, for some reason this picutre looks blue-ish. I ordered some picture rail hooks, so I plan to get some of those pictures up off the ledge so dusting will be easier.This week I will be making curtains out of a saree I picked up in India.We had one more chirstmas....our package from Heike arrived in the mail! THANKS HEIKE! The boys LOVE the cars/truck and are very excited to start their experiments. I also LOVE the candle pyramide! i have always wanted one of those! and tonight will be our blue bath! Pat continued to work on the chimney. It has to go down a couple more rows so we can put in the floor. Pat has high hopes to take it all out...and to put in a dumb-waiter. But this morning, after realizing how much work it is to take it out while it is enclosed he is re-thinking it. Man! That camera lense is dirty.Peter is "The fabulous Frog" of the week this next week in his class. With that awesome honor...comes a frog, "Froggy" is his name, that gets to spend the weekend with us. Peter then has to draw some pictures of what he and Froggy did. I am not sure if Miss Mathys intended that he learns how to fly. There are a lot of activities planned for Peter this week, I even get to join him for lunch! if he lets me. As of now he does not want a special guest. I cant believe he is embarrassed of me already!

No comments: