Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas in Green Bay

Christmas was spent up in Green Bay...with all of my siblings and their families, 14.5 people in all (my sil is pg). My parents were smart and rented a hotel room for themselves for some peace and quiet (and a swimming pool that we used one night!) A couple of us were trying to figure out how we could sleep there also. Alex was up at 6am ready to open presents (this is how I thought christmas would be). While we were kind of sleeping I hear the following conversation between Jamison and Peter.

"I think I hear Grayson"
"What did he say?"
"I dont know, I dont speak toddler"

I started to laugh just enough to be awake....I guess it is time to unwrap the chaos!
In the morning we were all surprised to a living room full of presents, my parents outdid themselves again! Grandma/grandpa got a Wii and a Wii fit, to we spend a lot of time bowling, golfing and seeing how unhealthy we are. We also spent some time outside to give grandpa a test run on the new knee...the verdict...not ready for uneven snow. No naps, lots of sweets and trying to keep up with the older cousins sure makes two very tired boys. We got to unleash the hyperdrive for most of the drive back home! We arrived home to see this mess from the storm a couple days earlier. Pat did snow blow us out before we left and branches were coming down all around him. I never saw anyone snowblow with a hard hat on! A couple more came down when we were gone. I guess we have some clean up to do! Now for a week off of school....wonder what fun we should have!

No comments: