Sunday, January 31, 2010

Ice skating

Sadly, I think we need a new batch of snow. The snow is ice coated and is no good for sledding so we need to find something to do. I thought we could give ice skating a try, in an indoor rink. We put the skates on and Jamison thought I was nuts to think that he could "walk" on the ice. I located one of those "walkers" and that made him feel a little more comfortable. I thought he did a pretty good job...but at times I think he was a bit distracted watching all the other people. Peter initally freaked out because he had no control....that is what ice skating is all about! Once he was armed with the walker he thought that was his ticket to go as fast as he could...although he had no idea how to turn. He did learn how to crash, which in my opinion is the most important lesson to learn on your first time out. We had to have one talk about how the walkers are not to be treated as bumpercars.....you would likely take out a bunch of other people on the ice. This makes me invision the boys in 80 years....little old men in their walkers. Jamison fell on his rump a number of times.... and hit his head on the ice once...and then he claimed that he was "so done with this". Overall they did a fantastic job and maybe we can do this again. Pat on the other hand claims that he needs orthodics or something before he would do this again....his feet were killing him. I am glad he did not fall, because I am sure I would not hear the end of it.
The boys in action!


For dinner, I was inspired by one of the pretty ladies (who was inspired by her sister) to make Squid dogs for dinner. A bit frightened that they were going to eat squid...and Jamison's constant reminders that he does not like fish... ultimately liked the crazy dinner.. I did not get photos but you can google squid dogs and it will come up.

No comments: