Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday no water sunday

Last sunday, while cooking dinner I discovered that the water to the house was shut off. We look outside to find a very large hole in the street. I guess there was a broken water main. It was unfortunate I was making a fish chowder and was not able to wash my hands. Luckily the water was only off for 3 hours. It could have been a long night
Last week the boys celebrated their 1/2 birthday at school. And with the honor, special treats were baked and brought to school. Peter used lollypops as pretend candles on the cookie bars and then decorated each bar with a spiderman decorations.Jamison went with the chocolate cupcake route and used sprinkles and colored sugars. I had to remind him that if he licked his fingers he would have to go wash them before he could continue. I think he washed his hands about 8 times for 20 cupcakes! "Jolly ranchers are not sprinkles Mr. Simpson" I completed the curtains for the dining room. They were made out of a saree I brought back from India. I had minimal cutting and sowing...it worked out great! and now the town of Mount Horeb can not see what we are having for dinner everynight. The weather has been warm, but wet foggy and drab. We had to do something so we took a road trip to the Milwaukee County Zoo. Someplace that I have not been since I was a kid. Some of the bigger animals were hibernating or indoors but we still had a good time. I was able to spot the elusive Cullen Boys in their natural environment. This one attempts to run from the camera but I was super quick! Jamison did not believe me when I said that this caribou was Dasher, one of Santa's reindeer. I thought during the off months Santa's deer make appearances at the zoos around the country.
The boys favorite place was the aviary. I was so proud of Jamison when he spotted the Roseated Spoonbill! (this was the african spoonbill but close enough). Peter was excited to get super close to this girl Hooded Merganser. We had to remind him that you can not pet them, many times. Pat freaked out when he heard Jamison say "That is the Waddled Currasow" (not in this picture). He did not heard that I had already pointed him out to Jamison, he thought he either read the sign or even better, already knew that bird! "I am a science expert" says Jamison. heheheh I am excited! I am going to have a science geek in the house! We took out our new german game Tipp-Kick! and the boys had fun! I had to "forget" the score because the boys were getting upset if they did not score as much as their brother. Thanks Lutz and Christine! HE SHOOTS and SCORES!

No comments: