Monday, January 11, 2010

huff and puff and blow the chimney down

Pat had a project day and he chose to tackle the chimney. It is the first step in the upstairs remodel! He, in the fashion of my father, did not cover anything upstairs so it is now a little dusty but he promises to clean it up! And in the fashion of his father he hauled the brick to the back woods (to be hauled away in spring, he promised). He thought he was pretty ingenious using an I-beam and slid the bricks out the 3rds story window, saved him a lot of grunt work, and I think the snow helped, he used the sled to drag it back.
The aftermath...now I am anxious to work on the next step and get some quotes to see how much this is going to cost us.
The boys are still playing really well together AND even on their own. Dont know why they perched themselves on the landing but I forsure will not bug them!
Saturday was game night, and we took out Blokus, thanks grandma Van. Jamison (in red) decided that he was out to get me....find out all three boys were out to get me (yellow). Sadly I am now hooked and have this need to beat Pat, but sadly I have not. I think I am going to have to practice during the day.
Reason why we dont get powdered doughnuts often....the dog then proceeded to snort up the powdered sugar like it was cocaine. I had to send her outside and clean it up.

Winter in WI gets a little cold...-3°F sunday morning. "thats not as cold as 0°F" says Jamison. Um, sorry buddy, yes it is! So we headed to Madtowne Twisters to burn off some energy. I think it did the trick, they were really quiet on the way home.

No comments: