Monday, May 31, 2010

labor day? I mean Memorial Day weekend

Memorial Day, not around here. It was more like LABOR day. We were busy scrubbing cars and the boat, planting flowers, moving lawn furniture outside and scrubbing and staining the deck. After 6 hours scrubbing the deck and 8 hours spreading weather sealer in the deck.....a bird poops on it! ARG! The boys were helpful picking out flowers to plant. Peter was staying true to himself and refused to stick his hands in the dirt. He only used shovels or wore gloves. Jamison had dirt everywhere! We spent some time on the front porch relaxing and working on our "books", a collection of national geographic color pages. After coloring them, they would number the page and write the name of the animal. I was very impressed. After all the hard work we were able to enjoy our first dinner on the deck and the weather was perfect! (Jamison was raising his hand for milk, school has trained them well). Peter took it upon himself to rearrange the smaller flower pots on the deck. I had them arranged in one corner of the deck (mostly so I can remember to water them). Peter felt they would be better place at the base of another larger pot. Here is one. And another. I can hear my mother laughing.....yes, your wish has come true! One of my children (acting just like me) rearranging. At least he cant do much in my kitchen like I did in my past. The neighbors have been busy lately, and the boys have been hoping to play with Lucas. Peter saw Lucas outside and was loitering....hanging out hoping that Lucas would ask if he wanted to play. When we told Peter he could ask if Lucas wanted to play...he dragged his brother over...and made him ask. This picture is hard to see. There is Fluffy (the momma squirrel) with 2 babies sitting on the tree branch. Fluffy was sprawled out as if she was exhausted while Jamison squirrel and Peter Squirrel climbed all over her. I empathize with her. This weekend the boys really pushed my buttons and as one point I requested that Pat responds to their blood-curdling shrieks because I was at the point of physical violence. I dont know how many more times I can say the same things over and over and over with out drinking heavily. I broke down and purchased the big bucket O'margharitas and things are much better. (yes, i admit I am following my mothers footsteps, but she hit the gin)Earlier in the week we went shoe shopping. Peter hand-picked his outfit....mint green/yellow/purple shoes, teal socks, red shorts and tiedye shirt. He thought he was COOL! Jamison with his Nikes and red shirt. Both boys are happy with their purchases and claim they now can run faster than ever!

No comments: