Monday, May 24, 2010

weekend up at the cabin

We always love a trip to the cabin, its been a while since we were there. This year we thought the boys were ready for a fishing pole with a real hook, watch out fish! the Cullen boys are out to get you! I think they just really like casting. Of the two boys. I think Jamison would have more patience for sitting and watching the bobber but Peter would be a good fly fisherman, always casting. Any fish yet Peter? I mean I think we caught a Peter fish! I wonder how he tastes? The boys had a blast (and so did Torrie) stomping around the edge of the lake. The water is pretty low so they had a lot of space to play. The boys were pretty sad that there were no frogs yet. There are a lot of Mink frogs on this lake and they are one of the later calling frogs. OR they heard the boys coming and they ran for it! Jamison loved the boat rides. We were on the hunt for some lake rocks to relocate to the shoreline of the cabin but I think Jamison just enjoyed the ride. Back on shore the boys had a lot of fun with water guns, they even tricked Pat and nailed him in the back! This though....Jamison was trying to get himself in the face.....not his brightest moment. Torrie was pretty excited about one of the rocks pulled from the lake. I think we picked it just for her. The boat house is empty, so that served as the Cullen boy headquarters. Like liked going in and out and in and out and.... Look at my cuties...Jamison is sporting the summer hair-do, #2 all around. I told him it would be a lot easier to find ticks if his hair was short. He was amazed at how much different he looked. Looks good to me! and easier in the shower! Peter on the other hand is still working on a long mohawk and would only let me trim the hair out of his eyes.

Other activities at the cabin....hot tub and bike rides. The boys went on a 3 mile bike ride, their longest one yet! Peter, well peter'ed out on the way back. I guess it was a little too long for him. Just wait, I will have them training for the MS150 in a couple years!. While riding we had one serious accident. We keep reminding the boys to give each other space and well, they now really know why. We were riding on a crushed granite trail and the sides were a little soft. Jamison got too close to the edge and the bike slid out from under him. Peter tried to stop but could not in time and ran over Jamison, right along the belly/back. It was very scary, i think more so for Peter!. He was crying more than Jamison was...screaming "I ran over my brother!" Jamison was ok and now the boys really know why you give the biker ahead of you a lot of space.

No comments: