Wednesday, May 5, 2010

school field trip/ three step program

I can admit it....i hate cows or any other large hooved smelly animal with big teeth, long tongues and slobbery mouths. I never knew how much until I was in the middle of a stampede in India. The boys had a field trip to a dairy farm so I thought that if I volunteered to go along I could work through my fears. "hey lady, i am going to poop on you!" says cowFirst stop....milking house. the place where my fears were re-solidified. Pungent smell, large hooves and poop flying everywhere! Literally! One cow pooped on another cow and it splattered everywhere! Ms Hurley (one of the other K teachers and of course wearing white) got the worst of it...but we still had to wipe poo off of the kids. I could relate to the poor cows....i had nursing flashbacks. I was not the only one that was bothered by the "fresh air" Poor Owen plugged his nose for the entire time. Miss Casper's class...."say cheese!" The dairy farm had a little cow salon! this one was getting a pedicure. The class was even able to see a cow that was just 2 hours old. At that age cows are almost cute. Most kids enjoyed feeding them....i know the cows were interested in eating! Not sure if this trip to the dairy farm helped me with my fear of large hooved animals, but it was fun to go on a field trip with Jamison and interact with some kids in his class. My next chaperon activity with be with Peter in a couple weeks and it will not be to a farm. Maybe next year I will sign up for the trip to the pumpkin patch. Less stinky and less stressful.

No comments: