Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Cedar Point- The Amusement Capital

Day 1 or our epic vacation. Cedar Point Amusement Park.

The boys were 47' and 47 1/2" tall, one inch too short to go on the big rides. But that was ok. There was one bigger roller coster to go on, The Iron Dragon, and during the whole ride Peter screamed "I am never going on this again!!!!!!!" I am glad that we did not have to pay for the high price tickets! I think his fear of heights and having no control really had an impact on him. Notice Jamison's expression and then Peter's. Pat was excited to have a roller coster buddy, Jamison. He loved the rides that go in circles and whip around. This is the Matterhorn. I (yippee) get to hang out with Peter during these rides. I could go on the big ones, but once you start a repetitive motion, i want to vomit. While Pat waited in line for the Top Thrill Dragster (1hour wait, 17 second ride), I took the boys to things more their speed. Skee Ball. They could have played that all day. Also, they saw one of those "claw" games, with Pokemon inside. (ToyStory reference, "you have been chosen") The boys were given two tries. I even told them that I never saw anyone win. Guess what, Peter captured Chimchar, a pokemon. Jamison was devastated. I caved and gave him one more try, reminding him how hard it is to get one. He still did not get one. I have never seen him soooo sad, tears, sobbing. Enough that the employee felt bad and opened the machine up and gave him a Pikachu. He was sooo thankful! and so was I. You cant have one boy with a pokemon and the other not. We recognized Camp Snoopy rides! so we spent some time in there, rides that Peter can handle . He liked the Frog Hopper. Pat cant wait until the boys are taller and have more endurance. 5 hours is about all they could handle with all the stimulation. I guess we will be returning some day.

No comments: