Monday, January 26, 2009

Legos are like crack

I am not against bribing my children for good behavior. We devised a sticker chart with 4 categories :
1-listen
2-good manners at the table
3-do something nice for family or friend
4-no naughty spot violation

The charm of the sticker was wearing off so I upped the anty. If the boys earned 10-4sticker days they would get a lego set. Well, the road was long and hard..but they finally earned it! And it was a happy day (even for Pat)
Now I cant get them away from the legos for even a minute. This morning Jamison woke up, ran to my room and said.."Mom, I will be downstairs decorating my fire truck" Peace and quiet for the next 20 minutes! Can you belive that. No calls for mom, no demands for food, no telling the boys to leave the cat alone or stop hitting their brother. Nothing!

I wonder how long this will last. OR even worse...what I am going to have to pony up for the next 10-4sticker days. (this took them over a month to earn so i am not too worried)

No comments: