Sunday, January 11, 2009

Farm Toy Show

Sunday we went to the Antique Farm Toy Show. The boys enjoyed looking at all the cool toy tractors, farms, cows etc. Peter was very upset that he did not get to buy something. I explained to him that this was like a museum, and that people wanted to show us what they had collected. Then he was sad that he did not have all those cool things like they all had. Then he was convinced that he was going to win the raffle and when I told him that he did not win, he again was devastated...maybe they did not have as much fun as I thought.
We bought some kettle corn at the toy show and the nice man gave the boys a sample. While we were walking to the car Jamison said. "I thought that man was a Republican. I thought he was going to give me bumper stickers, buttons and shirts". Pat and I busted out laughing.

(dont remember if I told the story...we were planning at trip to Mpls around the time of the Repubican National Convention and I said that we did not want to go there that weekend because there would be too many Republicans. Jamison asked what a republican was so the best that I came up with was that "they were nice people but had crazy ideas and they liked to hand out stickers, buttons and tshirts" I also told him that democrats also had crazy ideas and that the green party hugged trees. I guess the republican comment stuck out in his head.

We went to Pats company party on saturday and the boys had their first experience with the Wii, Jamison enjoyed the running game, Peter did well with the aerobics and both did not have the swing in the hips to get the hoola hoop going. Pats eyes twinkled with the thought of getting a new video game consol. NO way man!
And sunday we had some friends over for dinner and Jamison assisted as my soux chef. He really enjoyed pounding out the chicken...i really had to watch out for my fingers.
this is Indy's favorite new spot...we had to move the phone because he kept pushing it over. I guess it is a cozy spot, it is right above a heat vent and when you have a cat the chews off his hair he can use all the extra heat he can get.

THis is Jamison's impression of a one-eyed pirate. "arg!" He is still working on the one-eye thing.

No comments: