Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Emergency!

I neglected to add on the Thanksgiving post what the boys said that they were thankful for...so I thought I would start there. Jamison said that he is thankful for the American Flag and his cat, Indy. I never knew that he was that patriotic but I did know he loves his cat! He mauls him everyday. Peter said that he was thankful for life, I thought that was really special.
Pat's received a birthday present from Heike. It is always fun to try new things. This year was some tasty sweets and these little bottles of interesting booze. Pat described is as a cross between goldslagger and Jagermister. He had a cold, so he thought it would help him sleep and get better, and it did.Jamison's friend Austin is already questioning whether or not santa exists, I knew there would be bad influences at school. "Mom, have you even seen the sleigh and "reindeer" (he uses the quotation marks like reindeer antlers). I responded that I have seen some questionable lights in the sky, I have seen reindeer (caribou) and they make a fantastic coffee and how else could you explain the presents under the tree? After a long discussion he is now convinced that Santa lives in outer space on a snowy rock and comes down in a rocket. His beard provides the oxygen that he needs. How else could he make it to everyones house in one night.
The boys decided to skip talking to the man in red at the library and they have chosen to write letters, If they dont they will be only getting socks and underware from christmas. Do you think they have been good boys? Only time will tell. They look innocent.....dont let that fool you. I tried to get the holiday photo...a creative shot with the freshly fallen snow and snow angels...and there were tears and protests. Man, if Santa saw them now there is no way they would even get the underware!

Lets talk about emergencies. What qualifies an event to "emergency"status.
1-significant blood loss
2-loss of consciousness
3-eminent danger
Not my light saber broke. Even Shmi Skywalker would not get out of a nice relaxing shower to repair Annikan's light saber. I guess Annikan would think that it is an emergency if he was fighting the Sith and it broke...but I would call that occupational hazard, not an emergency. Let's just say I did not immediately respond to the young padawans plight.

No comments: