Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Tday and holiday preparations

I know, I have been a bad blogger. We were out of town for the holiday and I have been working everyday (whine, wimper) and by the time we get the boys to bed I pass out on the couch. Excuses, i know, but I have some pictures to make it up. Pat and Jamison in a tree stand...not hunting, just taking in the sites and talking about how they would like to convert this to a tree house next spring.
I was responsible for the Thanksgiving day stuffing and Peter was was my souxchef. Just like Jamison, he had to sample the ingredients as we added them. (see the full cheeks) The stuffing turned out great and will be added to my repertoire of recipes. It even had cranberries and Pat still liked it. (he picked the cranberries out but it did not taint his view of it!) On a side note...dont take pictures of your kids when they have a reflective shirt on, you wont get a good photo.
Nothing cuter than a boy and a dog! (although it is hard to see). Peter wishes that Wini would be that loving...she is only if you have food on your face that needs some cleaning.We went to the Eagle River Childrens Museum...he is Jamison trying to get away from me and the camera.It was Pat's birthday over the weekend also. We made him a lemon bundt cake and I insisted that we put all 37 candles on it. Jamison can count that high! We thought we needed the fire extinguisher....it sure did give off some heat. He blew them all out! good thing he does not have any girlfriendsPat and the boys have been playing video games together (the "E" is for everyone-ones, NOT the shooter ones) so the boys wanted to give Pat a couple new ones to play together. We also got out the game cube and revived Super Monkey Ball, the boys totally got into it. It was fun to watch them lean in the direction that they wanted their monkey to go.

The weekend did not go by with out some excitement. I tested how sharp Don's knives were by slicing it through my finger, requiring 3 stitches (I will save you'all from the picture) and Jill to top me with a small explosion in the oven. No major medical treatment necessary, just some ice water, burn cream and some open windows. Lets just say Jill will not need a haircut for a while.
We are on the hunt for our new favorite christmas tree farm. After doing a little research, we did not want to spend the $50+ that they want in this area for a tree. A while ago we were joking that we could use the trees in the front as christmas trees...as I would like to put some flowering trees in that corner of the yard. So, no time better than now....we picked one of the trees on the side of the yard and cut it down! I feel a little redneck but if we plan on planting something different they need to go. We decided that we are going to groom a couple of the other ones for the next couple years. It is amazing how big things are when you actually get them in the house!. We ended up giving the tree a "haircut" in the back so we can push it close to the wall. The thing is HUGE. We even found 2 birds nests in the tree while we were decorating it. (Jamison is bringing them to his show and tell)
Once the boys get haircuts we will be working on getting that holiday picture in front of the tree. (I tried to get a good one here, got one pretty cute one. These are the outtakes) I gave Pat one...and now I am inspired to do two more heads! I think we are going to go with "mop-tops" or as Jamison called it...."brush-brooms". Peter does not want to cut the top of his hair...as he is working on a killer mohawk for next summer.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone(belated)!

No comments: