Saturday, August 29, 2009

I love the farm and a quiet weekend

So the boys and I went to the farm this past week and picked 60lbs of tomatoes! I have been stewing tomatoes, freezing tomatoes and making spaghetti sauce. I tried making paste...not really in the paste consistency that I am use to but we will give it a try! Now I am off to dehydrate some. My goal, not to buy canned tomatoes from the store until March. we will see how that goes. The best part of the farm, besides getting really fresh produce for super cheap...it that the boys will pick and try things right off the vine. Peter asked if he could have cherry tomatoes in his lunch and Jamison asked for raw green beans in his!.

This past weekend was the last weekend that I will have little boys. They will become school age kids on Tuesday and there is no going back. I think they are ready...the question is...am I ready for some really tired kids that are still not use to no having their naps. We even had a practice "eat from your lunch bag" lunch today. I wanted to make sure that they could open all the containers that will be packed in there.

Pat and Peter worked on getting some of the huge logs to the dump. Peter passed on a trip to the zoo to help dad. I think he just wanted to see if dad would pay him some money.

On another note.....below is some Peter Logic

"dad, do you like fruit"

"yes"

"do you like snacks"

"oh, yes, i love snacks"

"then you must like fruit snacks"

"umm, it doesnt work that way"

No comments: