Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Events of the week

It has been a slow week for picture taking. We had our first soccer game and "Man! was that yellow team good!" says Jamison. The final score was 0-1 but we did not highlight that to the boys. I think the boys did a good job. Peter had a break-a-way attempt at a goal and missed by inches and Jamison had a great defensive move that stopped another yellow goal. We will see how we do this week against the red team.

Swim lessons started up again and the boys were soooo excited that they had Lance again for their instructor. If you listen to the boys you would think that this kid could walk on water!. We have made great progress in Level 1. Peter has been bobbing up and down like a fish (although negative side affect is that he is not listening all that well. he cant! his head is under water) and Jamison has also put his whole head in the water! I am going to get swimmers out of them both!

This past weekend I was a productive member of society...i worked the LandsEnd warehouse sale, mainly to earn a little cash for my trip to India. Sadly..there were such great deals I think I spent my whole paycheck on product. BUT it was product that I needed for my trip (raincoat, lightweight pants, shoes and real nice dufflebag) and some things for the Pat and the boys (needed pants and school clothes). You got to love LE!

In preparation for the trip to India I went and got Typhoid, Polio and HepatitisA.....I mean I got shots for Typhoid, Polio and HepA, and now I cant raise my arms. I also have a slurry of pills for other random food-borne and mosquito born illnesses. The only thing that scares me yet is Schistosomiasis, which can penetrate your skin in 30 seconds, and although treatable, the thought of something crawling in my skin is well, creepy. I guess I wont be wading in any fresh water....not too much of a problem i guess. The boys were fascinated with the shots...esp since they were not getting any. Their eyes were the size of silver dollars when i got them. They got a sucker...i did not :(

No comments: