Thursday, August 20, 2009

International Crane Foundation

For many many years we have passed the big sign for the International Crane Foundation...well today I took the boys! Here are my two budding ornithologist ready to go with their binoculars and field guides. Yikes! we were not expecting this!! Watch out boys! I had to throw the endangered black crowned crane to the hippo for exchange of my children. It was a tough trade for the hippo, he was excited for more leg meat. Look children, in the pond is the waddled crane, found in only in southern regions of Africa. The boys became friend with this guy..... the grey crowned crane. He didnt want the boys to go but they promised to come back for another visit. The whooping cranes are pretty special....they had their own large habitat. They were hiding when we first arrived, but i think they knew two boys really wanted to see them. Now for cool art! There was a series of scultures that depicted a crane taking off... I love the wings coming out of Jamison's head.THIS ONE IS FOR YOU KEIKO! The hooded crane, this one lives in Japan! His name is "Howard" Then off for some hikes around the crane foundation. So remember my Gap Kids rant about the kid crack wafting out of the store....well, the golden underware finally fits! Just like how the big kids wear it. This should be GapKids new graphics. Since we were up in the Baraboo area we stopped at the Natural Bridge State Park to find the natural bridge. It reminds me of the redrock out in Utah! Man! these boys are growing up....where did my babies go! and Kindergarten starts in a week! Finally, on our way back to the car we were playing a game of hide and seek, Jamison did a pretty good job, having that green rain jacket on. Peter and I, not so good. We were wearing bright blue. I wish there was a little more summer....We will see if we can squeeze a few more of these trips in before school.

No comments: