Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Kindergarten-where have my babies gone?

Kindergarten, can you believe it?!

We recreated Pat's first day of kindergarten photo, excluding the groovy plaid shirt, brown pants and belt, by taking pictures of the boys in front of the same tree that Pat had his picture taken in front of. The boys were super excited to go to school today. Jamison woke up early today asking if it was finally today. AND IT WAS! You could tell that Peter was a little nervous, and tired. The poor kid had bags under his eyes.Here they are getting on the bus. The neighbor kids said that they would help them out...but wont sit with them. I guess it is not cool to sit with kindergartners when you are in the 4th grade. I gave them a kiss and they never looked back. I am anxious to hear how it went...it will be a long day for them. As for me, i am taking it easy and enjoying the peace and quiet, but deep down i miss the boys. The neighbor lady took me out for a celebratory cup of coffee...dont worry Pat, this will not be a habit. Now off to make some chocolate chip cookies (a tradition when I was a kid) and clean!

No comments: