Friday, December 5, 2008

its beginning to look a lot like christmas

This year we cut down our tree in green bay, a spruce, normally we get balsams, and I think it is the perfect tree (except for the fact that I think I am allergic to spruce trees....long story...i thought I was, then I thought I wasnt...this year...hands are on fire! I guess I will be wearing gloves to take it down!). Any way. The boys were awesome helpers with only 3 casulties in the ornament department.
I thought I would try to get a holiday photo of the boys infront of it...but they were not all that interested in doing so. Here they are doing a jig....
Thought maybe if I put them on the stairs they would settle down...and they did but refused to remove the hood.

The stairs also gave us an opportunity to put ornaments higher than 4ft off the ground.And the final product (except for the star on top, the boys wanted Pat to help with that). Now, every year we partake in the German tradition of hiding a pickle in the tree. Can you find it? But what we learned by our German aupair and her parents...they have no idea about the "tradition" and they think it is an American thing. Well. German or American...it is fun. I hid the pickle and Peter was determined to find the thing and did so that very evening. On another note...there has been a lot of talk here about St. Nick and his brother Santa. I am going to milk this as long as possible...the boys still fear the big man in red! They really dont want coal for Christmas. Well, after piling all of their cuddle friends on the couch for a "long winter's nap" they fished out all the Brown Spots (calico cats) and made a special spot for them on the chair (with a packer flag under them) and asked them to keep a look our for St. Nick or Santa. We dont have a chimney...so they are pointed at the front door. I told the cats if they rat me out...no more cat nip for them.ALSO...Peter loves the legos. This creation is a bridge. I am not sure if he was sure of the architecture or just felt that it needed additional supports...but yes, this is scotch tape holding it up. Maybe he should talk to Aunt KT, the real architect.

No comments: