Sunday, June 26, 2011

This and That

As promised, action shots of Jamison at tennis practice.
I think he likes it, but I think he spends more time walking around picking up balls or chasing balls than actually practicing the skills.
Peter at his first game....the stance is good and he got a decent hit! Watch out for this lefty!
Saturday I came outside and saw this! watch out! So Jamison would not drive the pink barbie jeep because "it was too hard" but give him a garden tractor and he feels right at home?
Pat had some time to work on the zip line and ALMOST has it done. Done "enough" to give it some test runs. This is Jamison right before his first run. I told him on his first run that I would hold onto the rope and walk him down. At first he was upset that I would not let go...but as he was going he was screaming "dont let go, dont let go!" at the bottom he then yelled at me saying "mom, why didnt you let go? I wanted to go fast, can I go again?!" So he went again, and again and again. He thought we were being mean because we would not let him go full speed but as he was going down he had this look of terror on his face. I think we are going to have an adrenaline junky on our hands. We promised that we would let him go full speed when we have a kid-sized harness and have the break/platform figured out. Which leads us to the video below...enjoy. This is Pat's first run....i stopped the video a little short for you to see that he ran into the platform, knocking it over completely upside down leaving him hanging with no way to get down.
I had to drag him to a lower point so he could get off.
We invited the neighbors for a couple trials (teresa crashed into the tree) and I took a couple runs (caught my legs on the bungy cord). No one was seriously injured....but we have a little testing before we call it "open for business".
Isaac even gave it a try (with Joe walking him down). His brothers are going to be jealous that he got to ride it first.
Sunday we took to the tennis courts for some practice and fun. Great reach Peter, still a little too high.
Jamison asked to take his shirt off because he was hot. He was surprise we said yes, and spent some time admiring his muscles and "six pack abs." I was a little distracted by his glaring white skin, maybe he should spend more time with out his shirt on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you want a six pack, this is one abdominal exercises you need to embrace. They are a great supplement to leg raises because they help you focus on a completely different aspect of the six pack and that is making sure your abs are visible when your spine is in a neutral position.