Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Faux Fathers Day

So I thought Fathers Day was on the 12th. Not sure why I thought that. But we had a weekend free so once we learned it was not until next weekend we pretended that it was!
We took a hike through Natural Bridge State Park, not a big park but it has a cool natural feature.The boys and I have been here before but it was fun to do more exploring on the trails. Fun, until we saw how much poison ivy was along the trails, we were not dresses appropriately for that. So when we got home we scrubbed up and washed all of our clothes just in case.

On Sunday we took the boys to Wisconsin Dells to ride the Ducks. The boys thought is was pretty cool but Pat reported that Peter had a death grip on his leg the whole time.
The tour guide was nice and had some really bad cheesy jokes. I was a little bummed that the boys did not get a chance to drive it. I remember getting a certificate. My, how times have changed.
They had to get up close to see how it worked. Happy Fathers Day!

No comments: