Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring Break (part1) and Belt Graduation

I can not take it any longer. I have to get the boys to kick the nasty habit. So I ordered a number of different products to help them in their journey as well as an incentive, yes a bribes. They have been working really hard and I am proud of them. I will make sure to take pictures of the luscious long nails when we get there! It is spring break this week and boy do we have a load of fun planned! First we started with using the oil pastels, something I never let them use because of my fear of a terrible mess. It was anti-climatic when we realized they were too much like crayons. I remember them way more messy. I wonder if they have changed. Sadly Peter came down with a fever and flu-like symptoms so monday was a tv/videogame/nap taking kind of day. Tuesday was some errands and a trip to the UW Geology Museum. The museum also has fossils, meteorites and some bones! This is a mastadon that was found here in WI and a duck billed creature! Watch out boys, that T-Rex is going to eat you! Jamison wanted to take a picture...he thought this was cool. Peter's turn for the picture. He was in heaven! calcite, Thomsonite, geodes, amethyst oh my! My favorite was when we were in the Illuminating rock room and pushed the button for the black light to come on. Peter was so excited and leaned into take a closer look at the super cool glowing rocks that he wacked his head on the glass. He was totally embarrassed even though there was no one else there. Poor guy, I think he could have spent the whole morning there! I am sure we will be going there again and again!Tonight was another big night for Jamison. Belt graduation! He gets to show off some of his skills he has been working on. Too bad his mother could not catch a kick in action....darn delay in the camera. This the the front leg round kick. And then the end of the back leg wheel kick.Way to Go Jamison!!! Look at that smile from ear to ear! We have decided to take a break from the martial arts to enjoy and take advantage of all the park and rec summer activities. Jamison would have signed up for everything in the catalog if he could. But he is learning that you cant do it all! Now some videos catching some of the action!
Here Jamison has to keep his position with out Phoenix rolling him over.
I guess Jamison thinks the stiff arm to the face is the best tactic.
Jamison was then matched up with Dixion, a little guy, Listen carefully to what sounds like a baby lion growling, that would be Dixon.
Jamison was then matched up with a blackbelt older kid, but I was sidetracked watching Mr. Tracey take on Dixon. More fun to come!

No comments: