Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Right of Passage

Can you believe it. I have the last two first graders in the whole world that have not lost a tooth and life is unfair, or so I am told. Well, I think Jamison has been working on one of his a lot recently and I told him that I could probably yank that thing out of there. With a twinkle in his eye he said, "really?!" So I told him to think about it for a day and let me know. Well, he was ready to give it a try. He gathered all of his cuddle friends on his bed for support. The before picture. I gave it a couple tugs and it was not coming. I did not want to pull too hard or hurt it too much. So I said that we could try in a couple more days unless he want to try it. So he gave it a try, it did not come out but he reported that he heard a crack. Upon examination....something did give way so i gave it one more try and POP goes the tooth!Man, he was excited and happy! He can now join the ranks of all of his other classmates and is no longer the last 1st grader to not have lost a tooth, that would be Peter. Peter does not contain his jealousy well. In tears he admitted to hitting his teeth on the edge of his dresser in hopes that is will loosen some of his. We had to have a little talk. We assured him that his teeth will come out and that it will happen soon. And for him when it does, they will probably come out at the same time and he wont be able to eat corn on the cob. He still did not care and cried himself to sleep. poor guy. The tooth fairy now knows where we live and will probably be a frequent visitor over the next year. There are a lot of teeth to come out! She better stock up on those dollar coins!

No comments: