Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow Day!

They warned a blizzard was a'comin. And they did not lie. 16+ inches of snow.Tuesday the boys had a 2 hour delay and then were sent home 45 minutes early...which makes me think why go at all? Then Wed school was cancelled and then Thur they had another 2 hour delay. Friday they have a field trip....so this week was full of learning! At least the sun came out for a little while so we could trick ourselves into thinking it was warmer.. Why does a large mound of snow inspire boys to jump?

Over and over and over again? At least this event gave us another opportunity to recreate another childhood picture of Pat's. I guess it was not as much as this time, but sadly I know we are not done getting snow. I suggested to the boys that they make a snow fort and they both dismissed saying that that would be no fun. I went about my business shoveling. 10 minutes later I hear "Mom, we are making our own rooms!" So I guess they are just like every man out there...once it becomes their idea it is the best one ever!
View from across the street. Drifts were up over 7 feet! Poor Mrs Bakken is not getting out for a while! When is spring? According to Punxsutawney Phil, spring is early! Lets hope he is right, otherwise I might be on a ship along the Mexican coast!

No comments: