Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring Break-Minneapolis!

Spring Break! Woohoo! and for a change of scenery the boys and I headed up to Minneapolis for a few days. It has been a while! We met up with Lily and Lucy for a date at the MN zoo. We saw the bears, lions and lots lots more! This bear is enjoying a melon for a snack, a whole melon. Jamison as the field researcher! The whole crew by the bronze lions. We also hit the "flomingos" And the moms had to recreat the picture from three years ago. Back then they were "fofingos". I guess in three years they earn the extra "L". I cant believe how much they have grown! I always like pictures like this, not sure why. Thanks Lily and Lucy for a fantastic trip to the Zoo! Prior to our vacation I gave each boy 10$ and told them that that is their money to buy a souvenier. I strongly reminded them that if they spent their money on the first day of vacation they would not be able to get anything else. They have the will power of their father. Meet bush baby and wolfy, Top shelf and third shelf. They were our purchases at the MN Zoo. The boys created a stadium for their cuddle friends at MaryAnns house. This stadium was the venue for the Cullen Boys Wrestling match 2010. We were able to have brunch with our friends Calvin Joe and Mrs Woessner and Miss MaryAnn and Dinner with Uncles Aunts and Cousin Grayson! It was awesome to see everyone again! Now time to stalk the old neighborhood. The pink house still looks the same, they even have the same curtains. The playground and coffee shop was the same also!! they boys dont remember any of it, a little sad but that is ok. I think I have a picture of the boys here too....i just have to dig more to find it. Yay I did! This was their 2nd birthday. Monday....Science Museum...to see dinosaurs and a "real live mummy". Peter thought it was a little spooky and did not want to get real close. Jamison listened to the volunteer and learned all about him. And he learned that mummies are not wrapped in toilet paper, but linen. The human body exhibit was fun, here are the boys checking out each others eyes. And Jamison's favorite part was the sneeze exhibit. He loved getting sneezed on! ewe. "Mom, where does the endoplasmic reticulum go mom?" and "What does the golgi body do again?" I love my geeky boys! Then up to the MN exhibits. I actually assisted the museum in collecting this zebra mussels. When I told the boys this, Jamison proceed to tell everyone around him...they all looked at me like I was a liar. But I really DID! (Peter was getting pretty tired. can I please have a smile!) And if you think SMM was not enough for one day....we headed to MOA for the "shark museum" and Lego land! They had an awesome new jellyfish exhibit. It looked really futuristic. I would have loved to spend more time there but the boys had legos on the brain! LEGOLAND! The boys could have spent all day here...even Jamison built cars to race down the track! Peter started smack talking, saying that he can build a better car then me. Let the Lego throwdown begin. Sadly he was right. Mine kept running into the wall.
Ready, set GO! Mid race we had to get Icees and Icecream for more energy. While getting our picture infront of the Rainforest Cafe, Sharky, Underwater adventures mascot, jumped in for the shot. They boys were excited! Next day....Como Zoo!. I know. We were only there for a short time, we had to get it all in! We met our friends Miss Erin, Erik and Peder for more animals. Peter...exhausted and miserable.When the boys were two, we got our pictures take in this park with our lederhosen. Another picture I needed to recreate. Boys were tired of me recreating their toddler years...so with a small bride I got this photo! It only cost me 50 Cents! I am sure they will catch on to my tactics and their rates will go up! Thanks Erik and Peder! So a little background, Peter does not like babies or toddlers. He got into trouble for hissing, growling and yelling at them and also smashing poor cousing Grayson's baseball hat. So this is his attempt to help Peder on the couch for a photo. Peder may need a chiropractor when he is older but at least he touched a toddler and was thoughtful enough to help. I think Jamison was missing dad...here he is talking to him on the phone telling him all about his day. GoodBye Minnesota. We had a great time!!! Look close....this car is a little confused. There is a Viking Logo next to a Packer Logo and they are from North Carolina! WOW. I promised McD....didnt want to but it was vacation. On our way home, we stopped in Fall Creek at Beaver Creek Nature Reserve. The place where I learned alot about nature. Peter sees the J-bird. But not a bluejay. We took to the trails! And found my favorite spot, Turtle Pond! We heard Wood Frogs and lots of them! And we had to try to catch them. Momma is the frog catching expert. Wood frogs are pretty shy, but I was able to catch one! Peter really wanted to catch one himself....but no luck. He would have got really wet!We even found a turtle....In Turtle Pond! He was warming his blood...it was 75°! Overlooking Beaver Creek! Hiding in the photography blind. We did not see many criters...mainly birds. They boys were just so excited that is was warm...and so was I!
A sign of a very fun trip....
and the morning after.....i guess we will be catching up on our Pokeman cartoons

No comments: