Thursday, March 5, 2009

not all that exciting

Our days have not been all that exciting. One morning I woke up feeling like I was in the movie "Groundhog Day" with Bill Murray and thought to myself...when the heck is spring coming.! So I said, "boys! are we interested in going to the zoo today?" and Peter replies "No, I would like to go shopping and pick out some comfortable pants and a cool shirt" REALLY? Is this my kid? So, we went to the mall, and let me tell you, Peter is the shopper! He settled on the transformer shirt and some new frog underware (from the Gap no less. He walked past the store front and said "this is a super cool store" and walked right in. Were they wafting kid crack into the mall, man!). Peter then got mad because the shirt sat in the dirty laudry pile for a day. I told him the secret of getting his clothes clean...put it in the laundry basket by the washing maching, the clothes in there get washed faster. Now, every evening he walks his clothes to the laundry room and then asks the next morning if his transformer shirt is clean. Oy vey!Jamison picked out a cool dino shirt but will just look at it saying that he will ware it when he can wear naked arm shirts. Hopefully he wont outgrow it by then.We have been coloring a lot! a new passion for the boys. It is nice...they will do this for hours! but you can now no longer see my refridgerator.To make things exciting I thought we would be crazy and make fun sandwiches...this backfired on me. Jamison flipped out because his dinosaur had to be made out of 2 sandwiches (cookie cutter was too big). He proceeded to reinact the meteor crash of 25million years ago and destroyed any evidence of dinosaurs. Lets just say we are not doing that again unless I find the perfect shape cookie cutters.Today we went on a "troll hunt" We have a few more of these creatures to capture, but we were fortunate to check three off of our list. The one below was located at the kindergarten, the school that the boys will be going to next year. Peter was a little intimidated and would only whisper when we were inside. I think we have a couple things to work on before we go. Jamison was so excited to see some kids walking to lunch and then started planning what he was going to have at lunch while at kindergarten.Well, this is the next item for the boys bribe...i mean good boy sticker charts. Remember, the need 10, 4 sticker days. They both currently have 6. Who knows when they will actually earn these. They both agree that category 2 is the most difficult (good manners at the table). I guess I always make poison for dinner.

No comments: