Wednesday, December 15, 2010

NewYork City

Yup! That is the Rockefeller Christmas Tree. Pat was so kind to let me and MA head out to NYC for a big weekend. Only goal for the weekend......see Matt Lauer. And we did. We also got on TV, i was so proud. Can you see us? We are the two people to the right of the screen. I am so proud. We didnt get to chat with any of the hosts, but we didnt have a silly sign. We tried to get on the Jimmy Fallon show but they did not take as many standby as we had hoped. I hear the show was not that funny and Maroon 5 played off key. (ok i dont know that but that is what we are telling ourselves to make us feel better)The rest of the time we checked out all the super cool stores, markets and christmas displays. This is the big piano from the Tom Hanks Movie "Big" at FAO Shwartz. I had to hit the NBA store for Peter....look how tall these guys are! I am ready to take them on! We also ate at fantastic restaurants and none of them had a kids menu! I love how NewYorkers park! I made Katie pick out a christmas tree. I wanted to see someone carry a tree down the road with light snow falling from the sky. Unfortunately (or fortunatley for us) all the snow was falling in the midwest so I had to settle for just the tree. Katie was so excited to have a real tree!The trip was great! Time away, good food and drinks and I finished my holiday shopping! Thanks KT for letting us stay and for showing us around town! And thanks MA for coming with me!

No comments: