Saturday, June 6, 2009

my scientist, ornithologist and a trip to the county park

Peter has been creating experiments and Jamison has been avidly studying his birds. I love that they are geeking out!Peter's hypothesis, "If I mix equal parts of mud, water and green stuff and let is sit there for 5 days, the green stuff will turn brown and the water will dry up." Well. we have waited 5 days and all I can says is a bucket of mud water and green stuff equals two messy boys. We went to our new favorite county park for a cool hike. We read that there was a chapel somewhere in the woods and the boys were determined to find it. And we did! Peter was a little nervous opening the door, heck so was I. I was not sure what one would find. But it had a nice tribute to St Mary and a bunch of flowers. There was also some really neat old trees that lead to a great photo opportunity! Jamison wanted to make a grumpy face, not sure why. We continued to hunt for birds. We found some rare, unique species, The Reddus Jamisus and Blue Rumped Peter Bird. I am excited that the boys love nature hikes as much as they do. It will be a fun, active summer! Ya, one morning I woke up to this.....I was trying to sleep in a little and Peter decided that he needed to adorn my bed with McQueen Cars. We are not allowed to take them down, and Indy the cat likes to play with them. Not fun.

No comments: