Thursday, April 9, 2009

Egg Time

This week the boys are off of school for spring break. We have had no problems filling our week because the weather has been getting nicer and nicer! (although I am looking forward to school again...then I am guaranteed a couple hours of peace.) The boys had their first birthday party to go to at "Pump It Up", one of those crazy inflatable slide/jungle gym/playhouse things. When I asked them if they wanted me to stay with them or play with the party attendees Jamison responded " You can go, I would like some peace and quiet". Well kid, you are not getting peace and quiet there but ok. They had a blast and asked when they can go back again.

We also dyed our eggs. Surprise! what colors did they do? Orange and Red! We also had no casualties! All eggs remained in one piece! Now, if the boys would only eat them...guess we will be having egg salad sandwiches for a while.

And finally this week, we had a play date with Ryan, a preschool classmate. I asked Ryan's mom if she wanted some parental support or if she was fine with the boys there herself. She requested parental support which made Jamison upset. He wanted to play there with out me and said "I thought you wanted to have some fun 'mom time' " I promised that I would not play with them and said that I will be drinking coffee with Ryan's mom. I am seeing a trend....my kids are already to leave me in the dust...I thought that happened around 8?

More deck demolition and preparing for the city-wide garage sale. Spring is coming! Woohoo!

1 comment:

Evie and Annalise Taller said...

Wow, another thing to look forward to on the big 0-8 birthday.