Saturday, May 3, 2008

Fishing opener and Trout Days

While Pat is up at the cabin for the fishing opener the boys and I explore Trout Days in Cross Plains.


Since I really did not know what happens at "Trout Days" I told the boys that we just need to explore the town to see what is going on. Well, it just so happens that the only thing that happens during Trout Days is the city wide garage sales and a couple brat tents. I did not think it was a bust and neither did the boys. Each boy scored a couple new toys and books and convinced me to hit up a bake sale. I also un-earthed a set of harvest gold orange and green tupperware storage containers! Peter is quite the garage sale shopper! He has an eye for cool things!


In the afternoon the skies cleared up and we took a nature walk in the woods behind the house. This area, with a couple fallen trees, is the boys "train station" (the sound is not the best but they were driving the train to NewYork City and were on their way to find KT)





Sometimes when I ask the boys what we should do I say "maybe we should stand on our heads".....well, Peter really can!And then we took out the hippity-hops. Jamison and Peter are still a little small to ride them properly but that does not stop us from bonking our brother and kicking them as far as we can!Nice balls Peter!I wonder what all is planned for "Swordfish Days"

No comments: