Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Van Family Weekend....and the last butterflies

The Van Family rented a cabin in the middle of the state for a Family Fun Weekend. Unfortunately it rained most of the weekend but we still managed to have loads of fun.
The wood was a little wet for a camp fire so Matt resorted to the only way he knew how....

Lighter fluid. It worked and we all made some smores!

We celebrated Nikolas' birthday, ate cake and opened presents.

Good thing he was given the game Perfection...it entertained the adults for hours. I think the record was 17 seconds but that was by cheating.

And we were able to get outside, inbetween the rain, and swing a little.

We got some pretty good air.... I was trying to get that really fun action photo....the photo below was take miliseconds before the camera was kicked. My fault, I should have known. Sadly my new camera gave me a "lense error" and would not work the rest of the weekend. So...i had hoped to have a cute all van cousin photo...but now I have to wait for someone in my family to send it my way.
And the butterflies all came out of their chrysalis.


The boys were very excited to watch them come out and were able to hold them.

Keiko liked the new jewelry....it did not try to fly away!

Jamison had to give it a try also.


Well...off to Mexico and we are done with the caterpillers for a whole year!.

No comments: